“We actually went through
several medications before
we found one that was
both effective and didn’t
have side effects I couldn’t
– John Head
These organizations have agreed to actively promote the use of the outreach materials at the community level.
- Active Minds on Campus serves college and university campuses across the country
- American Association of Pastoral Counselors is a certifying association that integrates the resources of the behavioral health sciences, faith traditions and spirituality in models of clinical practice, training and education
- American Association of Suicidology is the oldest national organization focusing on suicide in the country
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is the only national not-for-profit organization exclusively dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research and education, and to reaching out to people with mood disorders and those affected by suicide
- American Psychiatric Association represents more than 36,000 physician leaders in mental health
- American Psychological Association is the largest association of psychologists worldwide. Its Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity advances knowledge in the psychology of men through research, education, training, public policy, and improved clinical practice.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance is a grassroots network of more than1,000 patient-run support groups across the country. More than 55,000 people attend their peer-led support groups every year
- Employees Assistance Professional Association is the largest membership organization for employee assistance professionals. Their 5,000 members include social workers, counselors, therapist, substance abuse counselors, wellness professionals and other members of corporate EAP programs.
- Mental Health America has more than 320 affiliates nationwide, and is the country's leading nonprofit dedicated to helping ALL people live mentally healthier lives
- Men's Health Network is dedicated to significantly improving male health, longevity and quality of life
- Community Voices: Health Care for the Underserved at Morehouse School of Medicine promotes excellence in community oriented primary health care and optimal health outcomes for all Americans, with a special focus on underserved populations and on the elimination of health disparities
- National Alliance on Mental Illness is a national organization including organizations in every state and in over 1100 local communities across the country who join together to meet the NAMI mission through advocacy, research, support, and education
- National Association for Rural Mental Health works to develop and enhance rural mental health and substance abuse services and to support mental health providers in rural areas
- National Medical Association promotes the collective interests of physicians and patients of African descent. They carry out this mission as a leading force for elimination of health disparities, and promotion of optimal health
- National Organization for People of Color Against Suicide began its mission to help minority families and communities stop suicide through a series of annual conferences. It has also developed community-based advocacy programs, as well as suicide prevention research and public policy initiatives
- National Resource Center for Hispanic Mental Health serves as a clearinghouse of resources and mental health information for members of the Hispanic community
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Depression Center aims to detect depression and bipolar disorders early, treat them earlier and more effectively, prevent recurrences and progression, counteract stigma, and improve public policy